Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why does fashion continue to surprise me?-Jason Wu, Resort 09


Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've written about being surprised about a designer. Don't get me wrong, its not that I had any problem with Jason Wu, I had just merely forgotten about him. I don't really know to much about him, heck I had barely heard about him with the exception his paint stroke strapless dress being featured in a DIU in Teen Vogue (don't hate me because I have a weakness for one teen magazine) and in an issue of Vogue (I'm pretty sure it was Vogue...). But other than that, his name had fallen through the cracks for me and I hadn't really kept up with him. I decided I needed to look through every Resort show, because well, you never know what you might come across. Well, I was right. Figuring I'd see a couple of looks that would not interest me and I'd switch to a different designer in a moment, I hesitantly clicked on Jason Wu. This was followed by thoughts such as, "Oh, well that's actually quite nice" or "Oh my goodness...this is a lot better than I expected!" and of course: "Is that a cardigan I see??" And instantly, I was in love. While I'll admit here are a few of the looks that are a little..average, for a show. But there were surprisingly more standouts than I expected. Especially this first look. Beautiful. And I definitely need to find out about these shoes... They look fab with these looks!














No comments: