Monday, June 16, 2008

Barnes and Noble-Home to the Great

I finally got a chance to stop at Barnes and Noble on Saturday. The nearest bookstore to me is Borders, so I usually go there. But I happened to be by a Barnes and Noble and got some goodies! I only bought one (reading) book (I wanted to get more, believe me...but I have a growing pile of books I'm borrowing for summer break) but I bought a few other things.

Behold: Fashion Bible! Paris Vogue's Collections. It has the best looks from ALL the fall runway shows! It is very pricey for us Americans, though. $35, and its essentially a magazine. Oh well...so worth it!

This is Lanvin's page (of course) the big names (dior, chanel, ysl, balenciaga, lanvin..etc.) have two full pages worth of looks. The magazine is separated by each week (Paris, Milan, London, New York) and for the most part, by importance. Well, thats a matter of opinion mostly. Lets put it this way, the very first pages are Dior, Chanel, and YSL. Smaller names have one or half a page.

Each collection has a picture of the designer at the end (how could I not put Lagerfield?) And a review of the collection in both French and English (!!!)

After the many many pages of collections, it has page after page of the accessories due out in the fall. (Here I have YSL and Louboutin)



I also bought this fantastic book of Audrey Hepburn. It was right when I walked in and walked immediately to it. I realize that its pretty unnecessary, but for $6.78 how could I pass it up?
It's filled with beautiful pages of glossy pictures of Audrey and stills from all her movies.



Basically...It's amazing


I also bought British Vogue, but here in America we only have the June issue. I was going to buy French Vogue as well, but you saw the price of the collections magazine I bought...I really did not want to spend $15 on another french magazine!

6 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

♥ audrey audrey audrey ♥

great blog name too, by the way =)

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

i would love to have that audrey's book!
looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Audrey's so classic - love her!

Anonymous said...

you must bring that audrey book when we have our movie night. i cant believe you spent $35 on a magazine but then again i probably would do the same :] french vogue is amazing

simimoon said...

i love that audrey hepburn book i bought that a ilttle while ago. shes so inspirational when you feel like you have nothing to wear

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

wow!!i am in love with audrey since..forever!!

and i also love to buy the magazines...my guilty pleasure!