Saturday, January 31, 2009

La-di-da

I have plenty of excuses as for why I have been absent from blogging for over a month that I'm sure you will find enjoyable:

1. Finals
2. all my various Drama commitments including: acting in two one-acts, selling concessions at the one-acts when I wasn't acting in them, trying out for the musical (Once Upon a Mattress) and callbacks (and it paid off, I got a part!), doing costumes yet again for another production (this time with a LITTLE more help from my committee, but I'm doing a lot myself again. luckily there are a few people who have been very kind in offering more help than last time)
3. My sister-in-law had a baby!
4. I've been spending a lot my free time watching classes movies... I just returned a few movies to blockbuster: Citizen Kane, From Here to Eternity, A Streetcar Named Desire, and Annie Hall (not as "classic" as the others, but it counts its more than 30 years old..)
5. and mostly due to the fact that my computer was broken and the Mac people didn't have it fixed for three weeks

Since I love my classic movies and fashion, I thought I'd share my two love combined with inspiring actresses and their inspiring fashions:

Lauren Bacall:


Clara Bow:(This outfit could easily be worn today without modification)

Bette Davis:



The most loved movies:
Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa in Casablanca

Claudette Colbert as Ellie in It Happened One Night

Donna Reed as Mary in It's a Wonderful Life


The movies known for their fashion:
Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Princess Anne in Roman Holiday and Jo Funny Face

Grace Kelly as Lisa in Rear Window



A preview, next post: the original "guy's girls" Katherine Hepburn and Annie Hall (Diane Keaton)

3 comments:

yiqin; said...

Happy Valentine's Day :)

NICOLE said...

Both you and your blog are FABULOUS; as such, you have been tagged with an award :)
XOXO, Nicole

theconsummateshopper.blogspot.com

Pretentious b said...

you have great taste in movies!
i love clara bow, she was such a cutie with great flapper style.
and i also love diane keaton, whatta legend. annie hall was a great movie.
and this it quite irrelevant, but i am in love with gregory peck. that is all.

-Sarah

www.pretentiousbitties.blogspot.com